What questions will be asked during a joint dissolution court hearing? Can a judge choose to change any mutually agreed terms?

Bozeman, MT |

Montana is a no fault state & all dissolution terms have been mutually agreed upon. Should I be prepared to explain in detail why we are requesting a divorce? Also, can a judge decide to change any of our agreed upon terms if he/she personally feels it is not equitable? For example, child support amounts, spouse maintenance, co-parenting details.

Are you represented by an attorney? Your attorney should be able to answer this question for you.
Generally speaking, a Judge will not change the parties' agreement unless one of the parties is all of the suden no longer in agreement and is asking for a different arrangement. But you need to find out with a Montana attorney about Montana family law.

* I am not your lawyer until you and I have signed an Engagement Letter. This and other similar posts by me on the Internet are for informational purposes only. They are not legal advice. Nothing I post online should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This answer is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of it does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I do provide my best effort to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy given the general nature of these posts, answers and comments.

Veronica A. Silva is an attorney licensed only in Illinois. The use of the Internet and this answer or similar communication with the QDRO Law Center (QLC) or any individual member of QLC does not establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be communicated and/or relied upon via this website. If you have hired an attorney, you must consult with your attorney.

Recommended articles about Family law