What qualifies you to apply for an interim EAD?

Atlanta, GA |

I have an appointment at my uscis field office June 3 2014. All my paper work including i485 i765 i130 have been filed since February 2014. I have done my biometrics in April and I still have no received my EAD. I want to know if I will be able to apply for an interim EAD card when I go to the appointment at my field office

1. It will depend on the interviewing officer. Ask him/her about this.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. The USCIS is reasonably reliable about issuing an EAD within 60-90 days of filing the application. If by the time of a successful adjustment of status interview you still have not received an EAD, the Atlanta Field Office should be expected to cooperate in placing a stamp in your passport that immediately can be used to show your new status, including authorization for employment and travel. Additionally, an immigration attorney who is familiar with your case may be able to advise about other steps, such as an INFOPASS appointment or liaison inquiry, that may be helpful in your specific circumstances to obtain evidence of employment authorization without having to wait until approval of an adjustment of status application.

David N. Soloway
    Frazier, Soloway & Kennedy, PC
    Atlanta, Georgia

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.] David N. Soloway