What punishment am I looking at if convited of my second dui

Murfreesboro, TN |

was pulled over and had been drinking and had to give a blood

You are looking at jail. Hire a criminal defense attorney for the best protection against that!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

A 2nd conviction for DUI carries jail time of 45 days up to 11 months, 29 days. It also carries a fine of $600 to $3,500 and 2 years revocation of your driver's license. If the 2nd conviction occurs within 5 years of your first conviction you will be facing a mandatory enrollment in the Ignition Interlock Program for 6 months following reinstatement of your driver's license and possible seizure of your vehicle.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship. I provide this service for educational purposes only. I will take no action on your behalf unless you have hired me and a written retainer agreement is signed. I am licensed only in Tennessee and I strongly suggest you consult with an attorney in your city and state as Statute of Limitation deadlines can limit your recovery.

I would agree with the answer provided by Mr. Sauer, however I would be interesting in knowing if there was on of the following: (1) an accident; (2) a B.A.C. or blood test; (3) if you admitted to having had anything to drink or smoke; (4) if they drew blood, did you consent or did they get a warrant?

These factors would make a SUBSTANTIAL difference on the outcome of your case.

Taurus Bailey, Criminal Attorney

This is not acceptable as binding legal advice. Please feel free to call the Board of Professional Responsibility or your local bar association for a clear and independent answer regarding this question and your local bar rules.

A DUI 2nd offense, T.C.A. 55-10-401 et seq., conviction for DUI carries jail time from 45 days up to 11 months, 29 days. It also carries a fine of $600 to $3,500 and 2 years revocation of your TN driver's license. If the 2nd conviction occurs within 5 years of your first conviction you will be facing a mandatory enrollment in the Ignition Interlock Program for 6 months following reinstatement of your driver's license and possible seizure of your vehicle among other punishment requirements.

I'm not your attorney and the answer above is fact dependent.

DUI topics