What punishment am I looking at if convited of my second dui

Asked over 2 years ago - Murfreesboro, TN

was pulled over and had been drinking and had to give a blood

1. 3

Answered . A 2nd conviction for DUI carries jail time of 45 days up to 11 months, 29 days. It also carries a fine of $600 to $3,500 and 2 years revocation of your driver's license. If the 2nd conviction occurs within 5 years of your first conviction you will be facing a mandatory enrollment in the Ignition Interlock Program for 6 months following reinstatement of your driver's license and possible seizure of your vehicle.

2. 2

Answered . I would agree with the answer provided by Mr. Sauer, however I would be interesting in knowing if there was on of the following: (1) an accident; (2) a B.A.C. or blood test; (3) if you admitted to having had anything to drink or smoke; (4) if they drew blood, did you consent or did they get a warrant?

These factors would make a SUBSTANTIAL difference on the outcome of your case.

Taurus Bailey, Criminal Attorney

3. 1

Answered . A DUI 2nd offense, T.C.A. 55-10-401 et seq., conviction for DUI carries jail time from 45 days up to 11 months, 29 days. It also carries a fine of $600 to $3,500 and 2 years revocation of your TN driver's license. If the 2nd conviction occurs within 5 years of your first conviction you will be facing a mandatory enrollment in the Ignition Interlock Program for 6 months following reinstatement of your driver's license and possible seizure of your vehicle among other punishment requirements.

I'm not your attorney and the answer above is fact dependent.
  4. 2

Answered . You are looking at jail. Hire a criminal defense attorney for the best protection against that!