What punishment am I looking at if convited of my second dui

Asked about 2 years ago - Murfreesboro, TN

was pulled over and had been drinking and had to give a blood

1. Stephen Alan Sauer

3

Answered . A 2nd conviction for DUI carries jail time of 45 days up to 11 months, 29 days. It also carries a fine of $600 to $3,500 and 2 years revocation of your driver's license. If the 2nd conviction occurs within 5 years of your first conviction you will be facing a mandatory enrollment in the Ignition Interlock Program for 6 months following reinstatement of your driver's license and possible seizure of your vehicle.

2. Taurus Martin Bailey

2

Answered . I would agree with the answer provided by Mr. Sauer, however I would be interesting in knowing if there was on of the following: (1) an accident; (2) a B.A.C. or blood test; (3) if you admitted to having had anything to drink or smoke; (4) if they drew blood, did you consent or did they get a warrant?

These factors would make a SUBSTANTIAL difference on the outcome of your case.

Taurus Bailey, Criminal Attorney

3. Blake Lamont Kelley

1

Answered . A DUI 2nd offense, T.C.A. 55-10-401 et seq., conviction for DUI carries jail time from 45 days up to 11 months, 29 days. It also carries a fine of $600 to $3,500 and 2 years revocation of your TN driver's license. If the 2nd conviction occurs within 5 years of your first conviction you will be facing a mandatory enrollment in the Ignition Interlock Program for 6 months following reinstatement of your driver's license and possible seizure of your vehicle among other punishment requirements.

I'm not your attorney and the answer above is fact dependent.
  4. Daniel Nelson Deasy

2

Answered . You are looking at jail. Hire a criminal defense attorney for the best protection against that!