What proof of legal and physical custody do i need to take to an immigration interview.

Yuma, AZ |

Hello im a us citizen applying for the n-600k for my 7 year old daughter. I got the papers for the interview, and there they are asking for proof of legal and physical custody of my child. My child lives in mexico, and i want to know what papers do i need to take. thank you

It will serve you best to contact an immigration lawyer to discuss this and find a way forward.
It would depend on the evidence in your possession and if you do not have some available you may use secondary evidence.
You are welcome to use the link provided below.

This kind of question should be answered during a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney. There are several issues that need to be addressed properly, and the question does not give enough information to do so.

If you have any further questions you can contact this office.

PLEASE NOTE: THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes on a general website comment page only. Actual legal advice from this office can only be provided after consultation directly in person with an attorney from our office. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.

Well, you will need to prove that you have a court order that the other spouse or the court has granted full custody to you. It is very important that it is from a court.

Good Luck
Shah Peerally
Founder and Managing Attorney of Shah Peerally Law Group PC
The Law Firm Deals in Immigration law & Debt Settlement Negotiations.We practice immigration and naturalization laws in all 50 states.

Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer or a fee agreement is signed by the attorney and the client

Recommended articles about Immigration