What plays into the case?

Harrisburg, PA |

Title 18 § 3122.1. Statutory sexual assault.
(a) Felony of the second degree.--Except as provided in section 3121 (relating to rape), a person commits a felony of the second degree when that person engages in sexual intercourse with a complainant to whom the person is not married who is under the age of 16 years and that person is either:
(1) four years older but less than eight years older than the complainant

This someone is 4 years older, gave a statement saying he had sexual intercourse, is a college student graduating in december, and dated this girl for 4 years and have had sex on several occasions. They have now recently broke up and when she was 15 they had sex when he was 19. Is jail time likely? what plays into it? good grades? honesty? The girl is now 19 and he is 23

This is a second attempt to figure out what only a private conversation with an experienced criminal defense attorney can produce. I said this once but it apparently needs to be repeated. DO NOT POST ANYMORE DETAILS ON THE INTERNET. I'm at a loss as to what is not clear.

This is a second posting of the same question except now there is more of an admission. Stop posting and retain an experienced criminal defense attorney. There are mitigating circumstances here so hopefully a good lawyer can work it out to a misdemeanor with no Megan's law implications. Good luck.

The decision to file charges in a case like this ultimately rests with the DA's Office, however, most of these consensual sex scenarios are never brought to the attention of the authorities. You should consult with a reputable, criminal defense attorney in Dauphin County or surrounding areas, with experience in handling sex offense cases. I will also echo the thoughts of my colleagues: this matter is too serious to simply rely upon free, anonymous advice from lawyers on the Internet, not to mention the fact that you should not be posting inculpatory statements, which can ultimately be traced back to an IP address.