What penilties does manufacturing meth 1st off. carry?

Asked over 1 year ago - Glasgow, KY

-charged w/ manu. meth 1st off.. possession of controlled substance.. and drug paraphernalia
-have been indicted of manu. meth and drug para.
-only other trouble i been in is a couple dui's a yr prior.
-*what can i expect from court if i plea not guilty and push to have sentence reduced to class d felony so i can b eligible for drug court.?
-i kno it probably dont matter but i only made for my habit.. never sold.. and held a 40hr/week job ... i just curious if any of that could help or not..along w rehab..aftercare.and therapy in my fight to reduce the severity of my crime.. i realize the laws the law but i didnt know if i showed court that im makin the effort and cared compared to someone who aint learn nothin and dont wanna better his/her life

1. Frank Mascagni III

2

1

Answered . You need to hire a good criminal defense attorney ASAP. You are charged with both felony and misdemeanor offenses. Manufracturing meth is a serious felony crime: KRS 218A.1432. It carries a penalty as a Class B felony: 10-20 years, max. fine of $10,000.00 and court costs. Get counsel. www,kacdl.net

2. Kristin M. Russell

Pro

2

Answered . Attorney Mascagni is correct and has answered your question. I think it is also important to note that you could be convicted of manufacturing methamphetamine if the Commonwealth can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you knowingly and unlawfully a) manufactured methamphetamine OR b) with intent to manufacture methamphetamine, possessed 2 or more chemicals OR 2 or more items of equipment for the manufacture of methamphetamine. Because of this, the Commonwealth isn't just handing out amendments to a Class D felony and they will likely want you to serve 10 years, so you will need an experienced criminal defense attorney to get the result you want. Treatment certainly can't hurt if you have an addiction to methamphetamine.

3. David Brent Cox

Pro

1

Answered . I totally agree with the prior answers. I have handled numerous meth mfg cases and it is always difficult to negotiate a deal on this charge. You need to hire an experienced attorney who practices regularly in the county where you are charged. Good luck!