What penalties can I expect? I was arrested in Illinois and am facing 2 felony charges of stalking.

Chicago, IL |

I don't think I intentionally went out of my way to stalk anyone and was just misinterpreted and misperceived by them.

1. Oh please! How can you "accidentally" stalk someone? Go see a lawyer in person. Tell your story to your lawyer. You are facing serious charges. This is not the forum to discuss alleged criminal acts.

2. Hire a criminal defense attorney in the Chicago area for assistance. You are facing felony charges that have serious implications not only criminally, but also to your voting rights, future jobs, and future housing.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

3. Where is your case pending?
    312.968.2479
    cookcountynotguilty.com

4. If it is charged as a class 4 felony, you could be looking at as much as three years in the Illinois Department of Corrections. There may be some valid defenses for your case, so you should consut with an experienced criminal defense attorney in the Chicago area. Feel free to cointact me through the site.

5. You should hire an experienced criminal defense attorney to defend the case. The state must prove at least two acts of following or surveilance in furtherance of a threat, beyond a reasonable doubt. Consult an attorney to discuss the facts and fee arrangemnets. The consultation is free. www.galivanlaw.net

6. I have never seen a charge stalking by accident ever in my entire life.
    You need a fine criminal attorney to handle your present criminal charges.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com