What penalties am I looking at

Glasgow, KY |

I recently moved to a new county before i moved i purchased a car and have yet to transfer it yet because the seller who is a friend had to request a duplicate title I had no choice but to move to another county and had no way other than to drive said car I had insurance on it but did not have the correct tag or have it registered, the car was impounded and I have a court date in 2 weeks what fines/repercussions should I expect?

Get the car registered in your name and purchase a tag ASAP. You can bring these to court with your proof of insurance ans show them to the prosecutor and explain your situation. He/she might agree to dismiss as valid based on your corrective actions.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Traffic tickets topics