What penalties am I looking at

Asked over 1 year ago - Glasgow, KY

I recently moved to a new county before i moved i purchased a car and have yet to transfer it yet because the seller who is a friend had to request a duplicate title I had no choice but to move to another county and had no way other than to drive said car I had insurance on it but did not have the correct tag or have it registered, the car was impounded and I have a court date in 2 weeks what fines/repercussions should I expect?

1. Frank Mascagni III

Answered . Get the car registered in your name and purchase a tag ASAP. You can bring these to court with your proof of insurance ans show them to the prosecutor and explain your situation. He/she might agree to dismiss as valid based on your corrective actions.