What part of the fair debt collection act has to do with public storage liens

Salt Lake City, UT |

i tried to pay them off in full they refused said my stuff was sold three month later they bill me come to find out it wasnt sold but by then i didnt have the cash so then they did sale it

they charge me for the three months i didnt know about and took no action to correct there mistake they had made

1. If you are referring to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act in your question, the answer is that it does NOT apply. The FDCPA applies only to actions of those collecting money for others.

Your state may have its own consumer protection laws that would apply to debt collection practices, so, focus your research there, or consult with a UT attorney.

I hope you found this response to be of assistance. This response shall not be considered the rendering of legal advise but instead a general response to a general question. While Avvo is a wonderful resource, nothing can be a substitute for an in-depth consultation with an attorney in the jurisdiction in which the law is to be applied. This response shall not be deemed to create an attorney-client relationship, nor shall it create an obligation on the part of the attorney to respond to further inquiry from the questioner.

Business topics