What papers do I need to file to the court

Asked about 1 year ago - Live Oak, FL

1.5 months ago I filed for full custody of my child. I have 50/50 custudy. My daughters mother was arrested again 4 days ago for violation of probation ( arrest was 10/ 8/ 13). I have tooken custody of my daugher and is now living with me. I went to the family clerk of the court to ask if there is anything I need to file to notafy the court of myself taking custody and the arrest of her mom. They said by law they could not tell me. is there any paperwork I need to file to keep me in good graces with the judge when it comes time for court? I would be greatful for any information.

1. Tami Lane Augen

Pro

8

Answered . You may want to consider a Supplemental Petition for Modification. I am providing a link of the form for your review. If you already have a court order/judgment that says that you and the mother have 50/50 timesharing, you could think about apprising the court that the mother is incarcerated and that the child is currently with you full time and you request a modification to reflect what is actually occurring. You should speak to an attorney to discuss this issue further. Best of luck.

2. Arica Lynn Braaten

Pro

4

Answered . It sounds like you've already filed for the modification. Get a hearing date when discovery and mediation are complete.

3. William Charles Rosenfelt

Pro

4

Answered . I agree with the judge: You need to get a family law attorney to assist you. This is very complicated and you would be well-severed to have an attorney represent you at this point. Good luck.

4. Christopher Daniel Leroi

5

Answered . You really need a family law attorney to guide you through this difficult process.