What paper do I need to file at Court House to nuillift a agreement for deed .When the buyer is in violation of the agreement.

Asked 7 months ago - Panama City, FL

I can give more then 5 violations of this agreement.Buyer has agreed to give the place back on the 15 of Dec. 2013 if he dose leave what if anything do I need to Do .I do not want the buyer to come back and say he still has an agreement,Days or weeks or months later.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Marshall C Deason Jr.


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You must do more than file a paper at the courthouse to take back the house you sold by agreement for deed. You must foreclose the buyer's interest in the same way that you would foreclose a mortgage. You should consult an experienced real estate litigator in the county in which the property is located to help you with the foreclosure.

    Disclaimer: This answer is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does... more
  2. Cheryl Rivera Smith

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You may need to foreclose. Take your documents to a real estate attorney for an opinion.

    Actively practicing law in Texas. Inactive licenses in Arizona and Georgia. All answers are general in nature... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,581 answers this week

2,591 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,581 answers this week

2,591 attorneys answering