What out-of-status immigrants will be included in immigration reform?

Asked 12 months ago - Phoenix, AZ

I came to the USA in July 2012 on tourist visa and have been residing here in AZ since then. My visa expired in Jan 2013 and since that time I've been out of status. I have SSN, and I work here, even though I am not allowed to. I got my SSN back in 1998 while I was going to High School in IL, where I graduated from, but after school I went back to my country where I stayed til last year. Is there anyway that I can legalize my status and is there any way that I can benefit from immigration reform?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . We will not know until new laws are passed.

    Please note that this posting does not constitute legal advice or create any attorney-client relationship with the... more
  2. Ji Min Kim


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The immigration reform has not passed yet. I hope for the good news as well.

    The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing... more
  3. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Unfortunately, until an actual immigration reform bill passes both houses of Congress and is signed by the President, we will not know who may benefit.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Adjustment of status

When a person in the United States changes his or her immigration status to permanent resident, this is called "adjustment of status."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,956 answers this week

3,005 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,956 answers this week

3,005 attorneys answering