What out-of-status immigrants will be included in immigration reform?

Phoenix, AZ |

I came to the USA in July 2012 on tourist visa and have been residing here in AZ since then. My visa expired in Jan 2013 and since that time I've been out of status. I have SSN, and I work here, even though I am not allowed to. I got my SSN back in 1998 while I was going to High School in IL, where I graduated from, but after school I went back to my country where I stayed til last year. Is there anyway that I can legalize my status and is there any way that I can benefit from immigration reform?

1. We will not know until new laws are passed.

Please note that this posting does not constitute legal advice or create any attorney-client relationship with the inquirer. Avvo is a useful forum to obtain general information on legal issues, but is not a substitute for direct, confidential consultation with an attorney in any legal matter.

2. The immigration reform has not passed yet. I hope for the good news as well.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Kai Law Group and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney

3. Unfortunately, until an actual immigration reform bill passes both houses of Congress and is signed by the President, we will not know who may benefit.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.