What other documents should I present to judge besides adoption papers, to adoption grandchild?

Asked 8 months ago - Jefferson, GA

We are paternal grandparents. Both mother and father are in full agreement to have us adopt, Is special needs 9 year old child.
What other documents will help show the judge placement with his paternal grandparents will be in his best interest?

1. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

2

Answered . It is almost impossible to do an adoption without an attorney. Almost 0% of pro se adoptions are granted. Indeed, adoption law is so technical, and the requirements of each judge vary, that probably 95% of lawyers lack the experience to do one. Do yourself a favor and don't ruin your chance of success by not getting counsel. Unless the requisite consents, affidavits, forms, disclosures and so on are prefect (and there are no "forms" anywhere for this), you may be very disappointed. With a lawyer this should be fairly quick and easy.

2. Birney O'Brian Bull

2

Answered . Call attorney Juli Wisotsky in Athens.

3. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

Best Answer

Answered . You may be ordered to do a criminal background check, fingerprints and a GAL interview