What options do I have when my daughter is implicated in a mislabeled "bullying" incident because she rode the same bus?

Greenfield, MA |

Got a call from the school's principal saying that on the bus ride into school yesterday, my daughter was a "bystandered to bullying" in the event that a child had fallen asleep, and 1 other rider on the bus drew a line on him. The child woke up, kids were laughing. My daughter is having action taken against her and I had to sign papers BEFORE hearing the whole story that kicked her off the bus and will go in her student record. The principal says it is because she didn't say anything to stop it.
I then find out from my daughter that the "victim" was same boy, who jumped a desk & assaulted my daughter when they were in the 6th grade, the reason my daughter is in the school she is now (we moved her, this kid followed). Their website defines this event as harassment, not bullying. Options?

1. Call a lawyer. Recent antibullying policies are often overly severe and poorly enforced.

Do you want accurate, personalized, legal advice that you can rely on? You will have to hire an attorney, not ask on Avvo. I am not your attorney and am not creating an attorney-client relationship by this post. I am therefore giving only general advice. This advice may not apply to you or your situation; may not take account of all possibilities, and may not match the advice I would give to a client. DO NOT rely on this advice or any other advice on Avvo to make your legal decisions. If you want an answer to a legal question you should retain an attorney who is licensed in your state.