What options do i have to act against Bank of America for leaking consumer credit reports?

Asked about 2 years ago - Portland, OR

I have an e-mail sending me multiple consumer credit reports and loan docs while at the same time they kept "misplacing" my information. Eventually i stopped sending them information and they used that as a reason to start the foreclosure process.

1. Jay Bodzin

Answered . There is no remedy against the bank for 'leaking' consumer credit reports. These documents are regularly exchanged between financial institutions all the time.

If your home is being foreclosed upon, that is another matter entirely. You should consult with an attorney to determine if the bank has properly complied with the law in foreclosing on the house. They shouldn't be able to do that unless you had failed to make payments on the mortgage, and even then there is a requirement to work in good faith to renegotiate.