What options do i have to act against Bank of America for leaking consumer credit reports?

Portland, OR |

I have an e-mail sending me multiple consumer credit reports and loan docs while at the same time they kept "misplacing" my information. Eventually i stopped sending them information and they used that as a reason to start the foreclosure process.

There is no remedy against the bank for 'leaking' consumer credit reports. These documents are regularly exchanged between financial institutions all the time.

If your home is being foreclosed upon, that is another matter entirely. You should consult with an attorney to determine if the bank has properly complied with the law in foreclosing on the house. They shouldn't be able to do that unless you had failed to make payments on the mortgage, and even then there is a requirement to work in good faith to renegotiate.

Nothing posted on this site is intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online:

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt