What number should we use in form i-864 and i864a (affidavit of support) when we filed joint income taxes?

Asked 6 months ago - Porterville, CA

i am currently answering form i864 as a joint sponsor (my brother is the primary sponsor) and my husband is also filling up form i864a. We filed joint income taxes. we are not sure what number to use on boxes asking our total income. we already filed these forms twice and every time they review it, the boxes where total income should be are always incorrect. both of us have total gross of $106,000. That's the number we put in the last form we submitted but it turned out incorrect.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . Read the form's instructions carefully. The information is there. Hire an immigration attorney as an alternative.

2. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

4

Answered . I agree with my colleague. If you are having problems filling out the forms it is best to bring all of your paperwork to an immigration attorney who can assist you.

3. Gabriel Campos

2

Answered . I believe your husband needs to write out how much he makes himself since he is the co-sponsor, not you. The $106,000 includes your income. But you are not a sponsor. Your husband needs to subtract what he makes from the $106,000 and write that amount down as his income.

4. Ashkan Yekrangi

Pro

1

Answered . If your affidavit has been rejected twice -- and there is insufficient information here to determine why -- it is best to consult an immigration attorney.

5. Gerald P. Goulder

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues that you should hire an immigration attorney. It is difficult to understand your question. If you are saying the USCIS has reviewed the I-864 previously and returned it, twice, then maybe you should take that as a strong indication that you should hire an immigration attorney rather than continue to stumble around in the dark on this. Additionally, I believe the Form I-864 asks for the name of the preparer of the Form , which is required if anyone helps you prepare the Form. Answering specific questions about preparing the Form may mean that the person who is assisting you should sign your Form I-864 as the preparer. Again, heir an immigration lawyer for this.