Skip to main content

What might most likely be my consequence if I turn myself in?

Downingtown, PA |

I stole 600 cash from my job at Wendy's I now have a warrant. I have a previous felony for posession with intent which was my first offense and that case is closed.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. You should not admit to crimes on the internet. You need to consult with a criminal defense attorney regarding the "consequence" of turning yourself in.

    Disclaimer: Nothing stated herein is legal advice. For legal advice, consult an attorney; I am not your attorney at this time. This response may constitute ATTORNEY ADVERTISING which has not been approved by the Supreme Courts of New Jersey or Pennsylvania or the Court of Appeals of Maryland. I am a federally-designated “debt relief agency” that provides, where appropriate, relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.

  2. Do not turn yourself in until you retain a criminal defense attorney. The attorney should be able to negotiate unsecured bail. If you have a reasonable employer and police officer it is possible that the attorney can resolve the case at the local level in exchange for immediate restitution. Good luck.

  3. Retain counsel now BEFORE you surrender on the warrant. Let counsel negotiate your surrender and there is a possibility that you will be released quickly. If you do this on your own you may very well end up sitting in jail for longer. Counsel should also be able to figure out why a warrant issued as a $600 theft is a misdemeanor not a felony and thus the case should have been commenced by a Summons and Complaint as opposed to a warrant. Did perhaps you fail to appear at some point? Finally do not delay in getting counsel. the longer you wait the more likely it is that you will be picked up on the warrant and have a higer bail set.

    This information does not create an attorney /client relationship and should not be use or relied upon to make any decision in your case. Only consultation with your own attorney can provide you with the advice you need for your case.

  4. I want to especially what Mr. Keller has stated. To get the best possible outcome please retain counsel immediately to assist you. Going it alone will be a mistake you eill regret.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics