What might most likely be my consequence if I turn myself in?

Asked over 1 year ago - Downingtown, PA

I stole 600 cash from my job at Wendy's I now have a warrant. I have a previous felony for posession with intent which was my first offense and that case is closed.

1. Joseph A Mullaney III

4

Answered . You should not admit to crimes on the internet. You need to consult with a criminal defense attorney regarding the "consequence" of turning yourself in.

2. Robert C. Keller

3

Answered . Do not turn yourself in until you retain a criminal defense attorney. The attorney should be able to negotiate unsecured bail. If you have a reasonable employer and police officer it is possible that the attorney can resolve the case at the local level in exchange for immediate restitution. Good luck.

3. Adam D. Zucker

Pro

3

Answered . Retain counsel now BEFORE you surrender on the warrant. Let counsel negotiate your surrender and there is a possibility that you will be released quickly. If you do this on your own you may very well end up sitting in jail for longer. Counsel should also be able to figure out why a warrant issued as a $600 theft is a misdemeanor not a felony and thus the case should have been commenced by a Summons and Complaint as opposed to a warrant. Did perhaps you fail to appear at some point? Finally do not delay in getting counsel. the longer you wait the more likely it is that you will be picked up on the warrant and have a higer bail set.

4. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

3

Answered . I want to especially what Mr. Keller has stated. To get the best possible outcome please retain counsel immediately to assist you. Going it alone will be a mistake you eill regret.