What might I expect to happen at a status conference regarding foreclosure that is on hold?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Emmaus, PA

I am currently working with my mortgage company on a loan workout program and they have put the foreclosure on hold. I just got a notice of status conference. What can I expect to happen at this conference?

1. James S. Tupitza

Answered . You are in Lancaster County. The judge will call your lawyer (or you if you have no lawyer), together with the lender's lawyer into chambers to discuss the status. The judge simply has to monitor the assigned cases so that none fall between the cracks. You should be out in 5 minutes, unless the lender has a change of plans.

DISCLAIMER The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Responses are based solely on Pennsylvania law unless stated otherwise.
    James S. Tupitza
    212 West Gay Street
    West Chester, PA 19380