What measures should I take when the agreed visitation days were not put in the court order?

Asked 4 months ago - Crown Point, IN

In January 2014, after almost a year of status hearings and negotiating, my daughter's father and I came to an agreement. The visitation was set to progress from every other Saturday for 4 visits to ever other Saturday through Sunday for 2 visits, then after April 21st, the parenting guidelines were to take effect. The court order left out the part about the guidelines, ending at just April 21st at which time a telephonic status was to be held. The fathers attorney withdrew prior to that date, the judge that we had is on medical leave, and I have no order. Would a motion to clarify be appropriate? Could I file an emergency order with the judge sitting that day?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Burton A. Padove


    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Your best bet is to hire counsel as the court is going through a transition. Even when it is not, pro se litigants generally have a difficult time with parenting time issues. Good luck.

    Mr. Padove is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana and is located in Highland, Indiana serving the... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,999 answers this week

3,093 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,999 answers this week

3,093 attorneys answering