What measures should I take when the agreed visitation days were not put in the court order?

Asked 4 months ago - Crown Point, IN

In January 2014, after almost a year of status hearings and negotiating, my daughter's father and I came to an agreement. The visitation was set to progress from every other Saturday for 4 visits to ever other Saturday through Sunday for 2 visits, then after April 21st, the parenting guidelines were to take effect. The court order left out the part about the guidelines, ending at just April 21st at which time a telephonic status was to be held. The fathers attorney withdrew prior to that date, the judge that we had is on medical leave, and I have no order. Would a motion to clarify be appropriate? Could I file an emergency order with the judge sitting that day?

1. Burton A. Padove

Pro

1

Answered . Your best bet is to hire counsel as the court is going through a transition. Even when it is not, pro se litigants generally have a difficult time with parenting time issues. Good luck.