What means " response filed " from United States of America on a foreclosure case?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

Why do they get served? What does it matter?

1. Best Answer

Answered . If you are referring to the entry in the docket, this would typically mean that the government was named in the lawsuit because a tax levy or similar lien was placed against the property being foreclosed upon and the foreclosing bank or homeowner’s association identified them as potentially having a claim on the property. I would recommend that you consult with an experienced foreclosure defense attorney that would be able to review the filing and respond more completely as to any impact it would have in the current matter.

Steven K. Teuber, Esq.
    Neaher & Teuber, PL
    (239) 288-0538
    Email: Attorney@NTLaw.us

2. 1

1

Answered . Without knowing more, I would presume that this response was filed because an IRS or similar lien was placed against the property being foreclosed upon. I would suggest that you consult with an experienced foreclosure defense attorney who should be able to fully analyze your case.

Michael P. Fuino, Esq.
    Matthew D. Weidner, P.A.
    (727) 894-3159
    mfuino@mattweidnerlaw.com
    www.weidnerlaw.com

3. Answered . A response is an answer to the summons and complaint. It means that a person who is being sued has answered the allegations of the person who has brought the suit. Filed means it is now with the court that will hear the case.

4. Answered . A defendant filed a response