Skip to main content

What may happen now? I violated a restraining order and I was arrested.

Riverside, CA |

5 months into the set order due to expire 9-18-13 The petitioner called me and said he missed me we started seeing each other again. I bought into his lies that he was sorry, he was mad at me, and that he wouldn't notify police. I trusted and I loved this man. Then I saw him with another woman. I now am out on bail set for arraignment in Oct. I got served with a request to the courts for permanant restraining order. Do I need a lawyer?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Yes, you definitely need help. Many of us on Avvo provide a free consultation--contact some attorneys. You need an aggressive defense against these charges.

  2. Yes, you have been charged with a crime and therefore you should have an attorney handle your case. An attorney will be able to review the reports and discuss any possible defenses with you.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics