What licences or paperwork do I need to start a soap manufacturing company in NYC?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bronx, NY

It would be a sole-proprietorship and I would like to sell wholesale, retail, online and in craft fairs.

1. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

1

Answered . If you are going to manufacture the item, then you should seek the advice of a local zoning attorney to make sure the building is zoned properly. You should consult with a CPA to see which business form is best from a tax prospective. You should schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney to assist you after you speak with your CPA to review the lease of the premises you wish to occupy before you sign it, review your business structure whether incorporated, sole proprietorship or LLC.

2. Massimo Paternoster

Answered . I concur with Attorney Lutzky. Also, 'start up' questions cannot be answered on this forum as you need to sit with an attorney and be guided properly.

3. Steven Zalewski

Pro

Answered . business license , likely a health department license, and you will have to consider that if you are shipping this product out of state, if there are federal regulations.

sit down with a good business attorney and set up a plan. when i do this with people very often he helps them get a clear picture on what direction to take

Call for a free consultation any time 718-263-6800. We are here to help
  4. Jeffrey Kevin Davis

Answered . Agreed that this would require a FREE consultation to ascertain the business needs/requirements.

I am a licensed attorney specializing in business formation, general counsel services, and partnership breakups. Feel free to contact me at (347) 494 1529.