Skip to main content

What legal recourse against a son in law threating to kill me or kick my... What could happen to him?

Beaver Falls, PA |

Widowed for 6 years and remarried. New wife left after 4 months on her own. I have given in to her and gave her what ever she asked for. Now her son called from 2 states away and threated to kill me or kick my a--. I am 62 and have done nothing to deserve this. I was advised by her other child she is known to make up "issues" and has been caught in numorous lies by myself and others. I do not want problems. Just left alone. What can I do against her Son calling me with threats and what could happen to him? Others heard him make these threats.

Attorney Answers 1


Talk to the police. Just go down to the police station and make a report. They can take out a restraining order which means that person can not approach you without being arrested. Restraining orders don't guarantee safety, but it means the police can do something before he actually attacks you.

Good luck to you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an atttorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics