What legal questions can I ask in my own murder trial if I am doing a pro se

Asked over 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

Please give me info on what questions I can ask to represent myself and how can I get a lawyer to represent me if I dont have the money. I dont want a court appointed lawyer. they didnt represent me at all previously

1. William Tyler Moore Jr

Pro

10

Answered . If you can't afford to hire an attorney, get a court appointed attorney. You'll find that those attorneys appointed to defend major felonies are generally very good lawyers, especially in the metropolitan areas. Pardon my bluntness, but don't be an idiot and try to represent yourself. You don't know how to pick a jury. You don't know how to keep evidence out or how to get it in. You don't know how to object to a court's charge. Trying to represent yourself in a murder case if you don't know what you're doing is like trying to take your own appendix out. Can't be done well.

2. Morris Hugh Wiltshire Jr.

Pro

8

Answered . There seems to be no way you can be worse off with a court appointed lawyer than with no lawyer. If you insisit of going pro se (a very bad idea) then ask the court to appoint a lawyer to advise you instead of represent you and see if the court will agree to go that route. That lawyer could then answer these type of quetions for you and you could conduct your own defense and do it all yourself while having some advice available. Some judges will consider this option but not ever judge will. Frankly you need a lawyer unless you are a very rare person with the skills to represent yourself effectively.

3. John M. Gioffredi

3

Answered . I hope that your question is a hoax - just to see how many lawyers will take the bait and respond to your question.

If you are serious, God help you. Enjoy the rest of your days in prison.

Either get a court appointed attorney NOW, or hire one. If you want to try your hand at criminal litigation, go out and get a traffic ticket.

You need a lawyer.

4. Brandy Ann Peeples

Pro

3

Answered . You REALLY need an attorney. Aside from court-appointed attorneys, there are are organizations out there which provide attorneys on a pro bono basis or "low bono" basis.

5. Jennifer K. Gjesvold

Pro

1

Answered . Hire a lawyer!!! This is your life at stake. Take out a loan...Idk...do something. Hire an attorney now.