What legal action can I take if I disagree with the personal representatives decision on the sale price of probate property?

Asked over 1 year ago - Hood River, OR

I reside on the property, I do not pay rent. I am 50% heir. Property is in Hood River, 8.3 acres, irrigation rights, & on a creek. The asking & accepted price is $249,000. This property has a 3 bdr. 2. m.home w/seperate garage and attached 2nd shed. Other properties in this area w/o any structures are listed at: 1 acre=142,500, 1 acre=135,000 or 2 acres=250,000 or 5 acres=275,000 or 10 acres=450,000. 1 lot over, our property lines touch, there is a home (with flood damage from the creek about 10 years ago) is a 4 bdr.1 b.=1 acre going for 300,000.
I feel the p. representative and the probate lawyer are both just trying to get this done and over with and get paid, @ my expense.
Do I have any options to file a petitiion/or anything I can do?
closing is Friday.

1. Diane L Gruber

Pro

7

1

Answered . Take ALL the probate documents, including the Final Account to which you allude, to a local probate attorney NOW. If the 20-day deadline is this Friday, you don't have any time to spare. Good luck.

2. James P. Frederick

6

1

Answered . I agree with Attorney Gruber. You are seriously under the gun, here. Get this information to a lawyer right away to see if anything can be done. One option, if you believe that the price is seriously under FMV is to offer to buy out the other owner. Since you essentially own 50% anyway, your price would be $125k, less any closing costs and selling expenses. If the property is worth what you think it is, you could make a killing.

James Frederick

3. Charles Adam Shultz

3

1

Answered . I agree with both other attorneys. You have the right to object but must do so timely and properly. You really should be represented by an attorney in putting forth the objections.