What kind of warrant do they issue???

Asked almost 2 years ago - Madison Heights, MI

I had a show cause hearing for not paying my tickets and I missed it... will they issue a bench warrant or another kind of warrant

1. J. Matthew Catchick Jr.

Pro

3

Answered . Yes, they will issue a warrant for your arrest. Also, if the tickets were traffic tickets, your license will likely be suspended by the Sec of State (called an "FCJ" -- "Failure to Comply with Judgment"). I would strongly recommend you call the court ASAP to confirm the exact dollar amount you owe, and then get the court paid ASAP, or try to establish a payment plan if they are willing. I wish you all the best of luck. Warmest regards, Matt Catchick

2. John E. Melton

Pro

Answered . Either way you will have a warrant for your arrest. Contact the court ASAP and preferably turn yourself in with an attorney at your side.