What kind of Visa do I need?

Bradenton, FL |

I have been accepted for an unpaid internship in the U.S. The internship will run approximately four months. I graduated four years ago with a Bsc. degree. I would like to know what type of visa I would need to come to the United States for this opportunity. I have held a B2 visa in the past which expired last year.

1. Will you receive any compensation? Rent? Meals?

Perhaps a J-1 visa would be applicable.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. J1 maybe...

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com

3. A B-2 visa does not appear to be appropriate in this circumstance. Even though you are not being compensated, you are still working as defined by applicable regulations. A J-1 visa may be appropriate, but more facts are necessary to determine your eligibility. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review the facts of your case and advise you how best to proceed.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.