What kind of urine test are used to test for alcohol at the probation office in Clayton County, GA?

Asked about 2 years ago - Atlanta, GA

I read there is a new test that detects alcohol in your urine from up to 80 hours.

1. Justin Spizman

Pro

3

1

Answered . I am not sure if Clayton uses the test you are referring to, but it is called an ETG, and can test for the strong presence of alcohol for between three and four days in your body. If you are subject to random screens during probation, there is likely a requirement to stay away from alcohol or drugs. I would suggest you follow those conditions or risk being thrown in jail on a probation violation.

2. Beau Andrew Worthington

2

1

Answered . The ETG test can test for the presence of metabolites that your uses to break down alcohol. These tests are very sensitive and can detect the recent use of alcohol. I don't know if Clayton County is using these tests or not, but I do know that some probation offices in the Atlanta Metro Area are. I would strongly recommend staying away from any drugs or alcohol if you are on probation as they can be easily detected.

The above is general information and not intended to be legal advice.
  3. Joe Perkins Jr.

1

Answered . If you are on probation in ClayCo ... hold on loosely and don't let go. If you are in D.U.I. court with Judge Cowen, you will be tested by breath each time you report. Otherwise, J.C.S. uses a urine test. If you are on probation on ClayCo, you should NOT be asking this question. No smokie, smokie. No drinkie, drinkie. Depending on the Judge who sentenced you, if you test positive for alcohol or other junk while on probation for Driving While Stupid ... you could be revoked for the remaining balance of your probation; this is certainly true if you are in DUI court with Judge Cowen. Good luck. Pray hard. Seek the guidance of an experienced ClayCo attorney.

4. Robert M. Gardner Jr.

Answered . I have head of this test too, but that does not mean probation departments are going to spend the money to run these. It may be more of a threat that anything, but better safe than sorry. I can't imagine a probation officer requesting one of these unless they have a strong suspicion that a person is using alcohol, or if alcohol was a big issue in the underlying charges. Even of DUI probation cases, it is rare for a probation officer to test for alcohol.