What kind of trouble/charges am I looking at? My parents?

Asked about 1 year ago - Northridge, CA

I hosted a party where the cops were called because it was too loud, though they left me with a warning I wanted to know what could happen for future events.

I'm hosting a party a few months after the event occurred, there will be people under 21 and some under 18. I have stated there is to be no alcohol. My question is how much is a noise vlation? What trouble would I be in for their drinking? How can I prevent this?
This is not my house, it is nmy parents. I will be 20 when the party happens.

1. Brian Russell Michaels

Pro

Answered . Multiple loud parties could ultimately end up in a disturbing the peace citation, or worse arrest, which is very very rare. If drugs and/or underage drinking is going on, they you are responsible for the outcome of that. You could always check people's ID's if you are worried.

2. Seth Andrew Weinstein

Answered . The next time the LAPD comes out the residence, they will likely issue a noise violation. If they drink, since they are in your house, you will be cited for furnishing alcohol to a minor. Since your parents own the home, they too can be charged and most likely will be charged.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Southern California Criminal Defense Attorney
    (310) 707-7131
    www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

3. Nicholas Maurice Rosenberg

Pro

Answered . Besides the noise violation which could be several hundred dollars, you could face criminal liability for furnishing alcohol to minors, and if someone were to drive after drinking at your party you could face what is called social host liability. The latter is a civil tort theiry best answered by a civil attorney. Bottom line is underage alcohol use could spell trouble for you.

www.losangelesdefenders.com