What kind of time am i looking at if convicted on 3rd oui?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Rochester, MI

i was in a bad accident and both partys were injured. i got tickets for oui 3rd, dwls 2nd and oui causing injury. i wasnt drinking or high but there were prescribed meds in my blood im sure. if i just wanted to plead guilty what time am i looking at? i have a prior manufacture dist pot and maintaing a drug house.
thank you for your time

1. Daniel P. Hilf

10

Answered . The OUI charges carry a maximum possible punishment of 5 years in prison and a mandatory minimum of 30 days in jail. Because you have 2 prior felony charges, your maximum possible sentence becomes 10 years in prison.

What sentence you receive if convicted depends upon how your sentencing guidelines score, who the Judge is who is assigned to the case, whether or not the Judge would exceed sentencing guidelines based upon the injury involved. You also have to worry about a civil lawsuit as well, outside of this criminal case.

The lawyer you have can make a difference in the result you receive. The case has a possible defense based upon you only having presecribed medications in your bloodstream, which should be explored. I would recommend that you immediately hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer to represent you.

2. Scott Matthew Aaronson

7

Answered . Much depends on your judge and your guidelines. What I do know is that you need an attorney ASAP

3. Shawn James Haff

4

Answered . There is no reason for you to enter a guilty plea! You are facing prison time and you need to get a defense lawyer asap! After you talk your case over with your attorney, then you can start thinking about entering a guilty plea if taking a plea deal is in your best interest.