What kind of tax return need to be submitted with the I-864?

Las Vegas, NV |

Adjustment of status through marriage, except tax transcripts from the IRS, what kind of tax return can the petitioner submit ? The whole entire 80 some pages of tax return? or just a tax statement with W-2?

Pages 1 and 2 of the basic 1040 are normally sufficient.

www.capriotti.com -- franco@capriotti.com -- Senior Legal Counsel -- Capriotti International Law -- Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Contact the American Immigration Lawyers Association www.aila.org for a referral to an experienced immigration attorney.

you're most recent tax return needs to be submitted with your I-864 in conjunction with your W-2 and employment verification.

employment verification? you mean employment letter from the company? Is that a must?? because I didn't see employment verification is a required evidence on the i-864 instruction.

Haroen Calehr

Haroen Calehr

Its not mentioned but at least here in Houston the DAO (District Adjudication Officers) who will be conducting the interview where ever you are at your local immigration office most always will ask for it, i.e. the employment verification letter thats on company letterhead, states your position, length of employment, salary, etc.

Read the instructions - they state that transcripts are acceptable, most recent returns and W2's.

In Las Vegas, the entire return including all schedules is required. So page 1 and 2 at the Las Vegas field office is not acceptable.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics