What kind of recourse do I have as a medical client to request corrections to factual misrepresentations on my medical record?

Asked 9 months ago - Leesburg, VA

I am getting contradictory information on who I have to talk to on making corrections to my medical record, and no explanation on an organizational policy on how to make this kind of correction.

Pro

6

Answered . You can ask a doctor to correct, and it is up to the doctor whether he/she wants to or not.

2. Robert Daniel Kelly

Pro

2

Answered . Since the doctors have certain legal duties to call it as they see in on the medical records, they have a certain amount of discretion in the matter.

3. Michael R Varble, Esq.

Pro

1

Answered . Speak to your doctor and go from there. The doctor controls the medical records and the operation of the facility unless its a hospital.