What kind of recourse do I have as a medical client to request corrections to factual misrepresentations on my medical record?

Leesburg, VA |

I am getting contradictory information on who I have to talk to on making corrections to my medical record, and no explanation on an organizational policy on how to make this kind of correction.

1. You can ask a doctor to correct, and it is up to the doctor whether he/she wants to or not.

2. Since the doctors have certain legal duties to call it as they see in on the medical records, they have a certain amount of discretion in the matter.

[In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship.]

3. Speak to your doctor and go from there. The doctor controls the medical records and the operation of the facility unless its a hospital.

The information provided herein is for informational purposes and should not be construed to establish an attorney client relationship. To establish such a relationship, the prospective client would need to meet with me in person, and have a detailed discussion about all the facts and circumstances surrounding your case.

Medical malpractice topics