What kind of questions should I expect in a depo. and do I have the right to not disclose personal information?

Asked 9 months ago - Snowflake, AZ

Due to an ongoing investigation of rape charges. Do I have the right to not answer any questions that I feel should not be disclosed.

1. Kenneth J DeMoura

6

1

Answered . Although you may refuse to answer questions during a deposition in a civil proceeding your failure to do so may have consequences in that action. This question raises serious issues involving your Fifth Amendment rights. You should retain experienced counsel to assist you with the civil and criminal matters that you appear to be involved in.

2. Steven Roger Rensch

Pro

4

1

Answered . Your level of ignorance about the procedure and effects of a deposition suggests that you're going to get yourself in big trouble if you're not prepared and represented by a lawyer.

3. Bruce M Squire

4

1

Answered . I can't tell from your question if you are a victim or a suspect. Either way, you need a lawyer. There is too much at stake to do this without professional help.

4. Alan James Brinkmeier

3

Answered . You do not reveal your connection with the rape? It matters

5. Robert N Sewell

1

Answered . If you are accused of rape and the case is in the criminal courts, you should hire an attorney or ask the court to provide one. If you are being sued in civil court for the damages from the alleged rape, you should hire an attorney. The 5th Amendment protects you against self incrimination. However, you can waive that right and it will be used against you. In other words, you can end up in jail if your words are used against you.