What kind of questions may be asked at Port of Entry? Most highly likely questions.

Asked over 1 year ago - Edison, NJ

My close friend is now in America with an EAD. He has switched jobs with I40 approved and I485 pending decision for more than 180 days. He has not applied for AC21 porting. Now his new job wants him to travel overseas. When he returns to USA will the immigration ask him the following questions like
1. Are you with the same employer who sponsored your I485 and I140?
2. Why have you not applied for AC21?
3. Can you prove to me now that your job classification has not changed between your current and the recent past employment?

If he is asked these questions, how should he handle them? Any advice will be very much appreciated.

1. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . Yes, they can ask those ... and any other questions that they wish.

He should meet with the company's immigration lawyer to 'run through' some possible scenarios.

2. Andres Yoav Mejer

Pro

1

Answered . He needs to talk to his attorney. That is what he or she is getting paid to do. They can ask almost anything.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague.