What kind of questions a police officer have to answer honestly since i heared they can legally lie?

Asked 11 months ago - Kalamazoo, MI

Pull over, house visit

1. James S. Lawrence

Pro

1

Answered . In most places in the US, the police are allowed to lie to subjects as long as they are not on the witness stand under oath. Therefore, if an undercover officer tries to buy drugs from you, and you ask if he is an officer, he can lie and say no, and you have no remedy for this lying. However, in Michigan, recent case law makes clear that the judge cannot authorize a witness to lie on the stand, even to protect the witness from physical harm.

2. Michael Charles Doland

1

Answered . Police can conduct a sting operation, if that's what you mean by "legally lie".
    "Pull over, house visit" makes no sense.