What kind of proof is needed to file for divorce on mental cruelty grounds?

Asked over 1 year ago - Newnan, GA

Do relentless nagging, yelling, refusal to communicate in a reasonable fashion, leaving the house at odd hours, making one feel worthless, isolated, accusing of inability of making friends and keeping up family relationships or jobs are enough for filing on the grounds of mental cruelty?

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

2

10

Answered . You are very close, but you should really chat with a local GA attny to make sure that you can prove the grounds for that type of filing. I am sorry you have gone through this. take care.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . I agree with Attorney Lewis

3. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

2

Answered . If proven in court (and proof is more than saying it), possibly, depending on details and degree, but you've asked the wrong question.

You can get a divorce in Georgia regardless of fault, so, even if you have fault grounds, your divorce will almost always be granted because the marriage is irretrievably broken.

Far more important are issues like debt division, property division, child support, alimony, attorneys fees, custody, visitation and so on, and if you are considering a divorce, you need to get a lawyer as soon as possible to help you through the complex process, be it me or someone else. If you don't have a lawyer, my number is 404-768-3509.