What kind of plea could my ex expect during her consultation docket for her 3rd dwi felony repitition case?

Arlington, TX |

My ex has had 3 dwi in last 3 years. Has a consultation docket scheduled.

1. Anything from probation to pen time. The first setting just gets the ball rolling. Her attorney will want to view the videos involved and review all the state's evidence before advising her whether to accept a plea offer or set the case for trial.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please consult an attorney who practices criminal law in your jurisdiction for the most accurate legal advice.

2. Hopefully she should be told to get an attorney or, if she has one, to follow the directions of her attorney

3. That depends heavily on a lot of factors, but jail is a very real possibility. She should be consulting with her attorney, and if she doesn't have one, she needs one.

This statement is intended for general information and does not form at attorney/client relationship. If interested in representation please contact me at (817) 870-9885 to schedule a consultation.

4. She may not even get an offer on the first date. However, the attorneys are correct she could get a probation offer or pen time. The time period between the DWIs and the nature of the DWI will play a major role in her what will happen, as well as what she has done with regard to punishment for her last two DWIs. For example if her last two DWIs were in the last three years and she was on probation when getting this 3rd DWI, it is most likely that she will be going to jail. However, if the DWIs are more spread out and she has successfully completed her past probation, she may be able to get a probation. There are potentially other things that she might be able to do to help persuade the DA, Judge, or Jury to lean toward a probation. I'm sure you can discuss this with the attorney you will hire.

The information provided above, by Mr. Defreitas, is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Mr. Defreitas does not offer, nor imply that he intends to offer, legal advice or counseling to any individual or organization by providing this information. The information provided above, by Mr. Defreitas, is provided on an "as-is" basis without warranties of any kind either express or implied. Mr. Defreitas makes no warranties or representations of any kind concerning any information contained in this website. You should not rely or act upon any information contained herein for any purpose without seeking legal advice from a duly licensed attorney competent to practice law in your jurisdiction.