What kind of personal injury lawyer should I choose?

My wife was hit by a car while riding her bicycle. Should I pick a local, general personal injury attorney, or would it be better to choose one who specializes in bicycle accidents, even if they live quite a ways a way. .

Henderson, NV -

J. Scott Dilbeck

J. Scott Dilbeck

Personal Injury Lawyer - Las Vegas, NV

You definately want to find someone local. However, it would be surprising if you were able to find a personal injury attorney who specialized in bicycle accidents. You'll want to find a personal injury attorney who has experience in many types of cases, including bicycle accidents.

David Francis

David Francis

Personal Injury Lawyer - Las Vegas, NV

Local is always better. I'm a former professional cyclist and specialize in bicycling accidents!

John Gus Zgourides

John Gus Zgourides

Personal Injury Lawyer - The Woodlands, TX

Local. Maybe you can find both. But local is key. At least licensed in your state.

Lars A. Lundeen

Lars A. Lundeen

Personal Injury Lawyer - Rutland, VT

I think you should consider a personal injury attorney with 10 or more years of experience and who has also tried cases to a verdict in front of the jury. I am not aware of any attorney who limits his practice solely to bicycle accidents. In my opinion, that would not be necessary. Any well experienced personal injury attorney can handle a bicycle accident case.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

William Berry Palmer

William Berry Palmer

Personal Injury Lawyer - Las Vegas, NV

It is important that you pick a local attorney with at least 10 years experience. It is also important that you find a lawyer who cares about your case and one who will invest the time and money necessary to achieve the a positive result. Finally it is important to find an attorney who is not afraid of the court room. My office has handled other bike vs. truck accidents in the past. Feel free to give my office a call at 702-888-2222 if you have any further questions.

Related Advice