Skip to main content

What kind of motion do I need to file in order to get child support money?

Cleveland, OH |
Filed under: Child support

Mother passed away, I Am the child on the case.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


It depends on how old you are or if you have a guardian. I just competed a case under similar circumstances. Generally, a "Suggestion of Death" and "Motion to transfer obligee"


I am sorry to hear of your mother's passing. One presumes you are under 18, in which case your guardian needs to file a motion to tranfer obligee to the guardian. If you are over 18 and still in high school, you need to obtain counsel to file the same motion.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer