What kind of legal trouble can someone get in for offering to pay money for sexual acts? I need to know what is legal and not.

Colorado Springs, CO |

My spouse has been communicating with people from web sites like craigslist, backpage and adultfriendfinder.
They have given these people their description, said when they get off work, requested and sent pictures including of genitalia, & talked about money. i.e. my place won't work but I can get one, and asking about their rates for incalls.
I have no physical proof that they have been 'cheating on me', unless the e-mails count -and there are no concrete plans of time/place -I assume this is done over the phone
I need to know what 'proof' one can get in a situation like this in the event I were to leave and take our children, or if/when police should become involved. I do not want a divorce, I would like to work things out if possible, but this has to stop somehow.

1. I don't see anything in your narrative about money for sex acts. I see risky, infidelity exploration and possible consummation. If your partner is soliciting Weinergrams, there are serious maturity and adjustment problems. Why would you want to gather evidence? This isn't the 1950's. If you want a divorce, you can get one. If you're trying to make a go of your marriage, get Wiener-solitcitor to individual and marriage counseling and see if it can be rescued. Clarity is your friend here. You know what you know.

On the other hand, if you really want that "gotcha" moment, hire a truly bottom-feeding private investigator and get photos and vids. Seems like a waste in 2014. I'm sorry for you but you need to adjust your game plan. If you're gonna be a bear, be a Grizzly.

2. Money offered in exchange for sex is called prostitution. That's against the law in Colorado.

Sounds more as though you could use couples therapy.

3. Colorado divorce law is no fault -- you don't need to prove adultery or even flirting.

I am an Attorney-at-Law, licensed to practice law only in the state of California. Unless we have both signed a formal retainer agreement, you are not my client, and my discussion of issues does not constitute legal advice. Opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of those who hold other opinions.