What kind of legal representation do I need to when dealing with a dealership that has sold a unsafe and misrepresented car?

Asked about 2 years ago - Rancho Cordova, CA

When purchasing a used car, the car was not street or safe to drive off the lot. Somethings were fixed, but many others were not (that was promised verbally they would). The dealership has not fixed the fender properly (again promised), they also held our tags for the license plate for over 60 days without notifiying they had it in the first place after we called them many times and asking about them,and now the car (before purchase) stated that the A/C unit was ceritified and working, after today found out the compressor has had a leak and would cost $1200 to fix. The Dealership also has not given us any paper work regarding when the car was serviced, and taken in for repair when in there processions. We have had it with this dealership and with our 3 month 3,000 warranty is up.

1. Scott Richard Kaufman

1

1

Answered . You need someone who handles lemon law and auto fraud matters.
    Try Arthur Obolsky, a fine young attorney in Berkeley and tell him I said hello.

2. Robert Michael Wilson

1

Answered . I would suggest you start with the BAR (bureau of aitomotive repair) and DMV. Both state agencys license automobile dealerships for sales (DMW) and repairs (BAR). It is much cheaper than hiring a lawyer at this point.