What kind of legal atty should i seek?

Asked over 1 year ago - Anaheim, CA

In a auto vs pedestrian accident on private property and my employer did not allow me to collect the drivers information and when reported, allowed the driver to leave without collecting any information even when they made contact with the driver.

Attorney answers (5)

  1. Steven Mark Sweat

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you were injured, you would have a workers compensation claim so long as you were on the job at the time of the incident. If the driver was not an employee or agent of the company, you may also have a personal injury claim against that person assuming they were negligent and caused you injury. You would need to provide more facts to an attorney to make that determination.

    Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for... more
  2. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . A workers comp claim, and a personal injury claim. Best bet is to contact the personal lawyer from your state who answered above. Good luck.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. Paul J Molinaro


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If a person is hit by a motor vehicle while that person is working and is doing so on private property, there can be several sources of recovery... the driver of the offending vehicle, said driver's insurance company, the employer's work comp carrier, the employer, the owner of the private property, and said owner's insurance. I may have misses some here, but one gets the idea. Since the majority of potential sources of recovery would fall under personal injury, a personal injury attorney would be the type of lawyer to consult. Should there be problems with work comp coverage, then a work comp attorney may be needed.

    Fortunately, many of us personal injury types offer free consultations and take personal injury cases on contingency. Thus, there is nothing to fear in calling us.

    - Paul

    Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

    "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

    * This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

    Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. ... Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker... Fransen & Molinaro, LLP... 980 Montecito... more
  4. Jeffrey Ira Schwimmer

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Mr. Sweat is correct. Follow his advice. First start by consulting a Worker Compensation Attorney.

  5. Richard Andrew Harting


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . You should consult with an attorney that can handle personal injury and workers comp cases. There is not enough information to make a clearer recommendation. please see post from other attorneys.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,588 answers this week

2,985 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,588 answers this week

2,985 attorneys answering