What kind of legal atty should i seek?

Asked over 1 year ago - Anaheim, CA

In a auto vs pedestrian accident on private property and my employer did not allow me to collect the drivers information and when reported, allowed the driver to leave without collecting any information even when they made contact with the driver.

1. Steven Mark Sweat

11

Answered . If you were injured, you would have a workers compensation claim so long as you were on the job at the time of the incident. If the driver was not an employee or agent of the company, you may also have a personal injury claim against that person assuming they were negligent and caused you injury. You would need to provide more facts to an attorney to make that determination.

Pro

9

Answered . A workers comp claim, and a personal injury claim. Best bet is to contact the personal lawyer from your state who answered above. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. Paul J Molinaro

Pro

7

Answered . If a person is hit by a motor vehicle while that person is working and is doing so on private property, there can be several sources of recovery... the driver of the offending vehicle, said driver's insurance company, the employer's work comp carrier, the employer, the owner of the private property, and said owner's insurance. I may have misses some here, but one gets the idea. Since the majority of potential sources of recovery would fall under personal injury, a personal injury attorney would be the type of lawyer to consult. Should there be problems with work comp coverage, then a work comp attorney may be needed.

Fortunately, many of us personal injury types offer free consultations and take personal injury cases on contingency. Thus, there is nothing to fear in calling us.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

4. Jeffrey Ira Schwimmer

8

Answered . Mr. Sweat is correct. Follow his advice. First start by consulting a Worker Compensation Attorney.

5. Richard Andrew Harting

Pro

Answered . You should consult with an attorney that can handle personal injury and workers comp cases. There is not enough information to make a clearer recommendation. please see post from other attorneys.