Skip to main content

What kind of lawyer would handle a dispute with a home owners insurance company?

Clearwater, FL |

Mold has been created in a first floor condominium by the condo above it. The condo
above keeps the temperature much lower than the first floor condo which caused humidity
and ceiling mold. The insurance company claims it covers mold. Investigators found sub-
surface mold but the company claims it is surface mold and won't cover costs. What now?

Attorney Answers 4


You would look for a "Plaintiff's insurance lawyer". If you can't find one through your local bar association, call a local "public adjuster", and ask if they can refer an attorney for you.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email -

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Look for a personal injury lawyer who handles mold cases. Good luck!,

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


You may not need to call any lawyer. Your insurance company may be saying this it covers mold only within the "parametric boundaries" of your condominium unit. That is correct. The space between units is a common area. Mold in the common area is the respoonsibility of the condominium association and its insurance. Before you hire a lawyer, check with your condominium association.

Disclaimer: This answer is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Actual legal advice can only be provided after completing a comprehensive consultation in which all of the relevant facts are discussed and reviewed.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


My firm handles such matters involving your property insurance company and mold. We are located in Tampa and offer free case consultations. Our office line is 813 830 2261. Good luck.

This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship or constitute attorney advertising. Rather, it is offered solely for informational purposes. The facts of each case are different and unique, it is critical to consult with qualified counsel with whom information can be shared and assessed under attorney-client privilege, so that competent and quality advice can be obtained on which you can make informed decisions

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics