What kind of lawyer should I get advice from?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Cambridge, MD

I'm facing forecllosure on 2 properties and don't know if I would be better off to shortsale, let it forclose or file bankruptcy. One of the loans was a balloon note that was supposed to get refinanced and never did, and I believe bank cheated me out of my property. Wondering about a breach in the contract.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Lawrence Roger Holzman

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Wow -- it sounds like you have a lot going on. Candidly, your circumstances with multiple properties and lender liability issues are probably not really amenable to really useful advice on a posting like this because the specific facts of you case are complicated. You would do well do consult ASAP with lawyer who does this type of work. Fortunately, almost everyone in this world of law practice will consult with you initially without charge or obligation. Whatever you do though, you want to get advice and make decisions sooner rather than later so that you preserve as many options as possible.

    Lawrence R. Holzman
    The Holzman Law Firm, LLC
    (301) 876-4393
    cell: (301) 742-5344

  2. James Bourbon Roberts III

    Contributor Level 3

    Answered . You should talk to a foreclosure/bankruptcy attorney immediately. You can call your local bar association or try a well known lawyer in your area. Even if they do not practice in that area they likely can provide you a good referral.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,719 answers this week

3,032 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,719 answers this week

3,032 attorneys answering