Skip to main content

What kind of lawyer do I need since my wife drove our car into a tree suffering major medical injuries?

Santa Rosa, CA |

She is currently on a medical hold and I fear the auto insurance will not cover anything and that we might be responsible for the hospital bills.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


You would need to speak to a personal injury lawyer. Most offer a free consultation. Please look on the Avvo site for a lawyer in your area.

I hope your wife has a full and complete recovery.


You probably need a personal injury attorney with experience handling auto accidents. The main issue for you is probably whether your auto insurance covers some of this.


A local insurance lawyer.


Your insurance company will usually hire someone to deal with damage caused by the wreck. If you are trying to get your wife out from the medical hold, find a local Family Law or Dependency Lawyer to handle that portion.

DISCLAIMER: The information gathered from this website, Tryk Law or Benjamin P. Tryk is not legal advice. If you are in search of legal advice, you should consult with an attorney about your specific situation. Communicating with Tryk Law, Accident Injury Attorneys through the use of this website does not establish an attorney/client relationship. You should not disclose any information that you consider confidential until an attorney/client relationship has been created.


Seek legal help immediately. There are not enough details here to respond. Hopefully your vehicle had full insurance coverage and an attorney can advise you whether the insurance company is liable for the medical bills.


A personal injury lawyer in your area would be best. There could be numerous issues regarding liability relating to the car (possible defect), the tree (if it is on public property), the roadway (sharp turn etc.) All of these details should be evaluated and an attorney could deal with your insurer regarding coverage etc.

Best of luck.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer