What kind of lawyer do i need for threats and harassment?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Philadelphia, PA

My 15 year old daughter is being relentlessly harassed and threatened by another girl and her friends at school. I've been up to the school to speak with the principal several times about this problem to which he replies " unless I have some concrete evidence that this is happening or the girl hits your daughter" that there is nothing he can do. Now I have spoken to him about each incident and so has his own staff and still there seems to be nothing he can do. My question is what are my rights as a parent of a bullied child and what are the rights of my child? Can I sue these kids parents and if my child is harmed at school can I hold the school responsible being as though all the children that go to that school signed a contract saying that they would not bully anyone or fight anyone?

1. Michael James Reed

Answered . This is a topic to be addressed if/when it happens since you stated "if my child is harmed at school".

If any physical harm comes to your child I would consult a personal injury lawyer. Depending on the situation the school as well as the parents might be liable. Contact our office with any questions you may have.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Pennsylvania. Responses are based solely on Pennsylvania law unless stated otherwise.

Reed Law Office
    212 West Gay Street
    West Chester, PA 19380
    610-696-2600
    ReedPALaw@gmail.com