What kind of lawyer do i look for to help with a personal injury claim against us

Asked about 1 year ago - Santa Fe, NM

on august 28th 2013 my son (9) the driver and daughter (15) were riding a atv (which is not ours) on a forest rd when they rounded a curve in the rd met up with 4 pedal bicyclists and one of them fell from his bike and claimed that his shoulder was hurt he took my auto insurance info and now i have a letter from his insurance asking for my sons insurance information. There was no physical contact between the bicyclists and my children. I am not sure how to answer their letter and need a little advice. Thank you

Pro

3

Answered . Turn it over to your insurance carrier to resolve

2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

3

Answered . Call your homeowner's insurance carrier. I doubt they'll cover the loss, but I don't think you have any other coverage available to you.

3. Stephen D Aarons

1

Answered . Maybe your auto insurance

4. Samuel Cohen

1

Answered . Homeowners insurance may be helpful.

5. Steven Joseph Zakrzewski

1

Answered . As the other esteemed counsel have pointed out, you may look to your auto insurer or homeowners insurer to cover the claim. But at this point, it doesn't sound like the bicyclist has any real right to recover money from you. What would be his theory of why you are responsible for the fall? At this point, you may be best off to simply do nothing and hope that he goes away. If he does ultimately sue you, you will want to try to get one of your insurers to provide your defense. If they refuse to do so, consider retaining a lawyer on your own. See if you can negotiate flat fee representation.