What kind of immigrant legal status can a Retired US Citizen (non-veteran) living abroad get his foreign wife of 24 years?

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Is there another choice other than a Form I-130?
I looked at Form I-360, but that seems to be for spouses of deceased American Citizens, is there anything else I can look at that uses my father's citizenship status and their Civil Union?
My dad married in Chicago in 1988 to my mother. He is now 86 and she is full time caretaker for him.
They live in Guatemala.
He is a Naturalized US Citizen (circa, 1988) and married around the same time.
I was born in 1978.
Are there any SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES for a spouse married such a long time and serving as primary care giver to her husband.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

1

1

Answered . Lawful permanent resident ("green card") status.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . LPR

3. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

2

1

Answered . The only status your father can confer on his wife is lawful permanent resident status. He would need to file an immigrant visa petition on behalf of your mother.

4. Maria J. Marty

Pro

Answered . LPR via filing an I-130 for her benefit. Of course, that means that she intends to live in the U.S.