What kind of evidence is needed at a trial to convict felony 3rd degree theft.

Dania, FL |

I find it impossible for them to have any evidence other than propaganda. I did not do this!!

It depends. A conviction can come from oral testomiy alone. Remember it is the State's burden to prove the case against you. Just because you are charged, doesn't mean you will be convicted. Consult an attorney in the South Florida to help you.
Review my website to see if it answers any questions.

WIthout the facts of your case it is Impossible to answer this question. As a rule of law, the state must be able to present evidence upon which a jury is convinced of your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Evidence can take any one of several different forms, such as oral testimony of witnesses, video tapes, writings, etc.

Ron Slonaker, Attorney
Ocala, Fl
352-629-6656
www.SlonakerLawFirm.com

This response is to provide general legal information and does not constitute legal advice nor should it be considered or viewed as forming any sort of attorney-client relationship and such information provided is viewable by the general public.

My employer accused me, there are 5 people with keys to the store and he was never willing to provide a bank account for me to deposit cash. Obviousley that prevents me from having records of proof for my deposits. Cash was held in an envelope safe. I was accused in early October, without any agreement my next 3 pay checks were deducted for $1000. Obviousley unhappy i quit and now spent a night in jail and am facing this charge.

To prove the crime of Theft, the State must prove the following two elements beyond a reasonable doubt:

1. Defendant knowingly and unlawfully [obtained or used] or [endeavored to obtain or to use] the property of another.

2. Defendant did so with intent to, either temporarily or permanently,
a. deprive the person of their right to the property or any benefit from it. or
b. appropriate the property of the other person to their own use or to the use of any person not entitled to it.

To prove the crime was a felony, the state must also prove the value of the item.

The attorney's answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please contact Gapske Law Firm, P.A. 904-371-1970 for a case specific consultation.