What kind of documents do my family and friends need to apply for a U.S. visitor visa to come to my wedding in the U.S.A. ?

Nashville, TN |

I am a graduate student who came to the USA to study while ago; since then I have finished my college, masters and now I am getting my doctorate here. During my studying I met my fiancé and now we are planning to get married. We have known each other for 5 years and it will be six by the time we got married. We have been engaged for 3 years. I want to invite my family and friends from my country to my wedding. What type of paperwork do I need to send for them to get visitor visa for my wedding. I am preparing "Save the Date" cards for people to let everyone know. 3 months before the wedding I will start mailing the invitations and so all the paperwork. I would need some advise regarding what to do. My fiancé is a US citizen and I am on a F1 visa. I would appreciate your help.

Proof of the purpose of the trip, documentation showing strong ties to their country to convince the consular officer that they will not remain in the US.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

An invitiation from you and your fiance is what is needed to be provided by you (and a letter if you wish). Your friends and family (not sure from what country) may need a visa - but regardless, will need to show to the consular officer or both, ties that bind them to their home country and proof that they will be in the US for a temporary period.

Legal disclaimer: For specific advice on your case, Mr. Minawi can be reached at 1-866-929-0991 ext. 206 or by email-fadi@visaplace.com.This answer does not establish an attorney client relationship. www.visaplace.com

Your family and friends from your home country will need to initiate contact via the web and/or set up appointments at the nearest US Consular post to their residences in order to begin the process for obtaining B-2 tourist visas to attend your wedding celebrations. In addition to your "Save the Date" notification to each of them, you should prepare an "invitation letter" which describes the dates and events relating to your marriage and provides both your and your future bride's contact information for each of them to provide to the consular officer who will be handling their visa request(s). Remind the "guests" that they will each need to provide the consular officer with sufficient documentary evidence to demonstrate that they have strong ties to their home country and "no immigrant intent".

Response to this question does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship with the person requesting such information.

Thomas explained it well

www.BulgarianImmigrationlawyer.com

www.Immigration-Lawyer-NJ.com

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630